We believe that a conference serves the research community and the public best when results are accessible to the largest audience without restrictions, in particular not behind paywalls.
We also believe that the dissemination of results should not be restricted by the financial situation of authors, e.g. when substantial sums are required by for-profit publishers for “open access”.
For these reasons, ECRTS applies an open access publication model using LIPIcs – Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics, a series of high-quality conference proceedings established in cooperation with Schloss Dagstuhl – Leibniz Center for Informatics. Schloss Dagstuhl is a non-profit and a member of the Leibniz Association that receives joint federal and state funding in Germany. LIPIcs guarantees accessibility and availability of ECRTS proceedings in the long term. Conference fees cover publication costs, which include the cost of keeping proceedings open access.
Proceedings of LIPIcs are made available as follows:
- Each volume is published on the publication server DROPS (http://drops.dagstuhl.de).
- Each article is published under a Creative Commons CC BY license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). The authors retain their copyright.
- Each volume is assigned an ISBN.
- Each article is assigned a DOI and a URN.
- All LIPIcs volumes are indexed in the dblp computer science bibliography (see http://dblp.dagstuhl.de/db/series/lipics/). Furthermore, LIPIcs volume data are provided to Scopus and have been indexed there.
- The digital archiving of each volume is done in cooperation with the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek/German National Library (http://www.dnb.de).