Search found 7 matches

by martinamaggio
Fri Jul 15, 2016
Forum: Simulation and trace generation
Topic: A common input format
Replies: 7
Views: 17602

Re: A common input format

I am very interested in (1) and (2). During the WATERS discussion, it was clear that there was a lot of terminology clarification going on while you were developing the library. When you have some writing on the matter, please share it here. And if anybody has additional thoughts, it would be good a...
by martinamaggio
Tue Jul 05, 2016
Topic: A common input format
Replies: 7
Views: 17602

Re: A common input format

During WATERS'16 there was a mention of updates on this topic. It seems that there is something interesting to discuss, as there was a need (for example) to clarify terminology used differently. Any updates on the initiative?
by martinamaggio
Mon Sep 14, 2015
Topic: Simso: Simulation of Multiprocessor Scheduling Algorithms with Overheads
Replies: 2
Views: 5469

Re: Simso: Simulation of Multiprocessor Scheduling Algorithms with Overheads

It runs as a full-client application (no server-side) written in javascript, and uses PypyJS (a javascript implementation of Pypy) to run Python in order to execute SimSo. Nice. I personally like the idea very much and the interface is well realized. Do you plan in some way to give information abou...
by martinamaggio
Wed Jul 08, 2015
Forum: Task sets / Task set generators
Topic: rt-muse traces
Views: 20572

Re: rt-muse traces

Thanks for the detailed answer! After a short glimpse at the files, it seems to me that the only events that you trace are the beginning of a job (when a job actually starts executing) and task migrations. Am I correct? What about other events like preemptions, activations, terminations? Right now,...
by martinamaggio
Fri Jul 03, 2015
Forum: Task sets / Task set generators
Topic: rt-muse traces
Views: 20572

rt-muse traces

In this post I was asked to post some traces generated with rt-muse . This trace is the result of the execution of the test taskset.json available in the repository ( direct link to the test input ). { "resources": 2, "shared": 50, "threads": { "thread1": { "priority": 10, "cpus": [0,1,2], "phases":...
by martinamaggio
Fri Jul 03, 2015
Forum: Measurement-based analysis
Topic: rt-muse: obtaining traces from real-time Linux tasksets
Views: 27425

Re: rt-muse: obtaining traces from real-time Linux tasksets

Would it be possible for you to post some traces generated by your tool in the Benchmarks forum? I am curious about the events relevant for scheduling that you trace. Sure. I will post some traces there and a description of how the traces were obtained. The events that we currently record are migra...
by martinamaggio
Tue Jun 23, 2015
Forum: Measurement-based analysis
Topic: rt-muse: obtaining traces from real-time Linux tasksets
Views: 27425

rt-muse: obtaining traces from real-time Linux tasksets

Description of the tool rt-muse allows the execution of multithreaded synthetic applications on a target Linux architecture, collecting statistics and data about the threads' and the scheduler's behavior. The user defines a pool of threads to be executed, each thread repeating the same job over and...