Search found 34 matches

by arne.hamann
Fri Oct 04, 2019
Forum: 2019 industrial challenge
Topic: Amalthea Model of the Industrial Challenge 2019
Replies: 7
Views: 15712

Re: Amalthea Model of the Industrial Challenge 2019

I am happy to announce the Amalthea model describing the application presented in the Industrial Challenge 2019. Please read the description for details about the application and the modelling concepts. We also provide a small Amalthea example model (CPU_Mapping_Changes) illustrating the transforma...
by arne.hamann
Tue Mar 26, 2019
Topic: Memory contention model (example)
Views: 9806

Re: Memory contention model (example)

The description of the memory contention model is now also included in the appendix of the challenge description that can be found here.
by arne.hamann
Tue Mar 26, 2019
Topic: Description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019
Replies: 5
Views: 14764

Re: Description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019

I am glad to announce the description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019 that is proposed by Bosch in cooperation with University of Modena. Please note that the Amalthea performance file that is necessary to respond to the challenge will be delivered in 2-3 weeks. Any update on this? The mode...
by arne.hamann
Mon Mar 25, 2019
Topic: Amalthea Model of the Industrial Challenge 2019
Views: 15712

Amalthea Model of the Industrial Challenge 2019

Update October 2nd 2019: Amalthea model of the challenge has been replaced with a fixed version, where no overload situation occurs. I am happy to announce the Amalthea model describing the application presented in the Industrial Challenge 2019. Please read the description for details about the app...
by arne.hamann
Wed Mar 06, 2019

Re: Description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019

I just uploaded an updated version of the description. We forgot to mention that the response time analysis should be memory contention aware. There is an example of a possible model already in the forum.
by arne.hamann
Tue Feb 19, 2019

Description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019

Update !!! : Amalthea model of the challenge now available in the following thread I am glad to announce the description of the WATERS Industrial Challenge 2019 that is proposed by Bosch in cooperation with University of Modena. Please note that the Amalthea performance file that is necessary to re...
by arne.hamann
Tue Dec 05, 2017
Forum: 2017 industrial challenge
Topic: Updated challenge model
Replies: 0
Views: 8951

Updated challenge model

An updated version of the 2017 challenge can be found here: https://www.ecrts.org/forum/viewtopic.p ... 421789ceeb
by arne.hamann
Tue Jul 11, 2017
Forum: WATERS'17
Topic: Keynote by Reinhard von Hanxleden
Replies: 2
Views: 7939

Re: Keynote by Reinhard von Hanxleden

Thanks again to Reinhard von Hanxleden for the great keynote. The slides are now available
2017-06-27-Keynote-WATERS-rvh.pdf
(9.18 MiB) Downloaded 759 times
by arne.hamann
Mon Jun 19, 2017
Topic: Panel discussion: "Programming adaptive real-time systems"
Views: 11521

Re: Panel discussion: "Programming adaptive real-time systems"

One interesting point from my side would be the following: For some kind of functionalities it might be of great use to "introspect" what is going on on scheduling level. For instance, in model predictive control or when using so-called anytime algorithms, one might want to decide dynamically if ano...
by arne.hamann
Mon Jun 19, 2017
Topic: Keynote by Reinhard von Hanxleden
Replies: 2
Views: 7939

Re: Keynote by Reinhard von Hanxleden

I would like to discuss the following topics at WATERS: - Would it make sense to include a physical notion of time in synchronous languages for real-time applications (e.g. to represent deadlines)? How could that be realized and what would be the semantics? - How can synchronous programs be executed...
by arne.hamann
Mon Mar 13, 2017
Topic: Industrial challenge 2017
Replies: 13
Views: 18898

Re: Industrial challenge 2017

Hi Julio, very good question ;-) In general not all order relations between runnables are of importance (even if they exchange data). What counts are "functional sensitive" cause-effect chains, e.g. chains that contribute to controlling physical processes with high dynamics. In a perfect world, all ...
by arne.hamann
Fri Feb 17, 2017

Re: Industrial challenge 2017

The attached archive contains some screenshot explaining how to work with the model using the above mentioned tool chains.
workflowExample.zip
(135.44 KiB) Downloaded 920 times
by arne.hamann
Thu Feb 16, 2017

Industrial challenge 2017

We are happy to announce the industrial challenge of WATERS 2017 proposed by Arne Hamann, Simon Kramer, Michael Pressler, Dakshina Dasari, Falk Wurst, and Dirk Ziegenbein from Robert Bosch GmbH. Details about the intention of the challenge and a high level description can be found here: https://wate...
by arne.hamann
Mon Jul 11, 2016
Forum: Verification challenge
Topic: Presentation of the FMTV 2016 Challenge
Replies: 0
Views: 10149

Presentation of the FMTV 2016 Challenge

The complex dynamic behaviour of automotive software systems, in particular engine management, in combination with emerging multi-core execution platforms, significantly increased the problem space for timing analysis methods. As a result, the risk of divergence between academic research and industr...
by arne.hamann
Fri May 20, 2016
Topic: The FMTV'16 Challenge
Replies: 33
Views: 48388

Re: The FMTV'16 Challenge

Thanks Arne, I think I understand the problem enough to tackle it. When I analyzed the worst case end-to-end latencies of tasks and chains, too many tasks, 6 out of 21 tasks from my result, violate deadlines even without memory access delay. Chains that have runnables in unschedulable tasks are of ...
by arne.hamann
Thu May 19, 2016

Hi, thanks arne for the previous answers. I have another questions on the memory access model: 1. What happens if preemptive task with higher priority is requested during a resource access of lower priority task? Is the preemptive task blocked until the resource access of lower priority task finish...
by arne.hamann
Thu May 12, 2016

Thanks for the response, I got some new questions: - With regard to challenge 1: "ignoring memory accesses" means that the fetching of data in the reading/write phases takes "0" time? - With regard to challenge 2 when read/write time is not neglected: what happens if a task/runnable/core reads the ...
by arne.hamann
Mon May 02, 2016

And sorry that I did not reply earlier to the forum post ...that one slipped through :/
by arne.hamann
Mon May 02, 2016

Some more questions I received via Email: 1- Are the R/W accesses protected by some kind of semaphore or mutex? If so, what is the shared resource protocol (if any) used to arbitrate the access to shared resources (SRP, priority ceiling...)? R/W accesses are arbitrated by the memory in a FIFO manner...
by arne.hamann
Thu Apr 21, 2016

Hi all, I got some new questions: -- Q: We are getting interested in the Waters challenge, but we cannot figure out the cooperative scheduling among the tasks that are tagged as such, nor what is the meaning of end-to-end latency in these cases (what is the definition, given that it is a cooperation...
by arne.hamann
Wed Apr 20, 2016

Hi all, I got the following question via Email. 1- We understand that tasks are preemptible, but can the runnables be preempted? Generally we distinguish preemptive and cooperative tasks. Higher priority preemptive task can preempt lower priority tasks (of any type) at any point in time, also runnab...
by arne.hamann
Mon Apr 11, 2016

Dear Paolo, the AMALTHEA model is not "executable" using the AMALTHEA tool chain. Basically, the AMALTHEA tool only helps you to access the model data. We use tools like SymTA/S and Timing Architects to get the numbers for the end-to-end latencies. And during the workshop we would like to compare th...
by arne.hamann
Wed Mar 30, 2016
Topic: Questions regarding the amalthea model
Views: 11752

Re: Questions regarding the amalthea model

We corrected the challenge model. You can find the updated version here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=62&p=96#p96
by arne.hamann
Wed Mar 30, 2016

We corrected some errors in the previous challenge model. We validated the attached updated version, and everything should work fine now.
by arne.hamann
Mon Mar 21, 2016
Topic: Questions regarding the amalthea model
Views: 11752

Re: Questions regarding the amalthea model

Dear Juan, your interpretation is correct. We just checked the model, and found out that there was a mistake on our side. In principle, it is plausible that the system is overloaded if all worst-cases are considered simultaneously. However, in this case the numbers are far too high, such that alread...
by arne.hamann
Tue Feb 16, 2016

Yes, as you mentioned, the file browser is the source and the empty project is the target of the drag and drop action ;-)
by arne.hamann
Tue Feb 16, 2016

Hi Sophie,

the simplest way is the following:

1) Create an empty project File->New->Project then General -> Project
2) Drag and Drop the file GeneratedModel.amxml into the project and choose 'copy file'

I hope that helps,
Arne
by arne.hamann
Fri Feb 05, 2016

Dear all, we are finally able to submit the promised Amalthea model for the challenge. Sorry for the delay. FMTV_Challenge_2016_Bosch_Engine_Control_Model.zip The model can be inspected and processed using the Amalthea tool chain that can be downloaded here (version 1.1.1): http://www.amalthea-proje...